These Garlic Parmesan Asparagus are tender and crisp and so flavorful. And because they're broiled, the whole recipe can be made in about 10 minutes!
Asparagus is the perfect vegetable side especially when you need something that can cook quickly and not use up the oven for too long.
With broiling, you only need the oven for about 10 minutes and you have perfectly tender-crisp asparagus every time!
This garlic parmesan asparagus goes great with Panko Crusted Chicken or with Grilled Haddock with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce. For holidays, like Easter and Christmas, serve them with Honey Glazed Spiral Ham and Gruyére Potatoes Au Gratin.
Asparagus - Tender in-season asparagus is best for this recipe. Select a bundle with medium-thickness spears.
Olive Oil - Be sure to use regular olive oil and not extra virgin since these are cooked at a high temperature.
Parmesan - I like to use true Italian Parmigiano-Reggiano but parmesan is also great! Avoid using the pre-grated powdery type for this recipe.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full list of ingredients, their amounts, and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
Place the oven's top rack in the middle position. Turn the broiler on high.
Place the asparagus on a large baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss to coat.
Add the parmesan, minced garlic, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
Broil the asparagus for 3 minutes with the door slightly open. Rotate the pan and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes, with the door still slightly ajar, until the asparagus begins to brown and char.
Top with more parmesan (optional) and serve.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to trim the bottoms of the asparagus either by snapping each spear or snapping one spear and using it to cut the rest of them. The goal is to remove the tough fibrous ends.
- Look for spears that are medium-thickness. If they are thinner, you'll want to reduce the cooking time a bit.
Storage & Reheating
Store the asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
It can be reheated either in the microwave in 300-second bursts or in a 400-degree oven for about 3 minutes or until warmed through.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Burst Tomatoes and White Beans
Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini Chips
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please leave a star rating ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and comment below!
Let's Get Social!
I love seeing your photos! If you make this recipe don't forget to mention @ThisHomeKitchen and tag #thishomekitchen on Instagram!
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Get my newest recipes, kitchen tips and tricks, and the latest news right in your inbox!
Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 bundle asparagus trimmed, washed, and dried well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated, plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt fine kosher or sea
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper preferably freshly cracked
- Place the top oven rack in the middle position. Turn the oven's broiler on to high.
- Place the asparagus on a large baking sheet. Pour the olive oil over the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Add the parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Cook the asparagus, with the door slightly ajar, for 3 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue cooking, with the oven door still slightly open, for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with more parmesan, if you'd like, and serve immediately.
- Trimming asparagus means removing the tough fibrous ends of the asparagus spears either by snapping them off or by snapping off one and using it as a guide to cut the rest. Typically, this is about 1 to 1.5 inches off the bottom.
- Store the asparagus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply