These Chocolate Covered Pecans feature buttery pecans lightly roasted in a cinnamon and brown sugar candy coating then tossed in rich dark chocolate.
These chocolate covered pecans make a great addition to your Christmas or holiday party table. They also make great hostess gifts.
Or, you can simply keep them on hand to have when the craving strikes!
Pecan Halves - Pecans are the star of the show here. Unsalted pecan halves pair perfectly with the candy coating and dark chocolate.
Brown Sugar - Provides rich sweetness.
Cinnamon - Adds a nice spice to the pecans and helps to enhance the flavor of the chocolate.
Salt - Makes all of the other flavors pop while also adding a salty element to balance everything out. I suggest using fine kosher or sea salt.
Dark Chocolate - Melted high quality dark chocolate bars (I used 60%) coats the candied pecans adding a delicious richness.
Coconut Oil - Helps the chocolate harden as well as gives it a nice shine.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full list of ingredients, their amounts, and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
Add the pecans to the brown sugar cinnamon mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Spread the pecans out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, tossing halfway through. Allow the pecans to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, melt the chocolate pieces and coconut oil 30 second increments in the microwave.
Add the pecans to the melted chocolate mixture and toss until every thing is well coated.
Replace the parchment paper on the baking sheet with a fresh piece.
Transfer the chocolate covered pecans to the freshly lined baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Break apart the pecan pieces and serve. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
If you want the pecans to be individually coated, add a few pecans to the melted chocolate at a time then remove them with a fork or slotted spoon. Transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet making sure that the pecans aren't touching each other.
Substitutions & Variations
- You can substitute any nut that you like for the pecans. Walnuts, almonds, and cashews would all make good choices.
- Switch up the spices in the candy coating. Pumpkin pie spice would be great here!
Storage & Reheating
Keep the chocolate covered pecans in an air tight container.
You can keep them at room temperature for about 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 2 months.
For longer storage, they'll keep in the freezer for about 6 months.
More Recipes You'll Love!
Double Chocolate Pretzel Cookies with Caramel Drizzle
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please leave a star rating ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and comment below!
Let's Get Social!
I love seeing your photos! If you make this recipe don't forget to mention @ThisHomeKitchen and tag #thishomekitchen on Instagram!
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Get my newest recipes, kitchen tips and tricks, and the latest news right in your inbox!
Chocolate Covered Pecans
- 4 cups pecan halves
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine kosher or sea salt
- 7 ounces 60% dark chocolate 2 standard chocolate bars
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the pecans and toss to combine.
- Spread the pecans out on the parchment-lined baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 6 minutes, tossing half way through. Allow the pecans to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chocolate pieces and coconut oil to a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, mixing between each one, just until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the candy coated pecans to the melted chocolate and toss to combine. Replace the parchment paper with a fresh sheet.
- Transfer the chocolate covered pecans to the freshly lined baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes then break apart the pecans. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply