These Sloppy Joe Sliders live up to their name! They are meaty and cheesy and definitely a bit messy. The whole family will love digging into these!
Ground Beef – I used 85% lean ground beef for this recipe but any ground beef will work. You could also use ground chicken or ground turkey.
Provolone – Provolone cheese is stringy and cheesy and perfectly complements the other flavors without overpowering them. You could also use mozzarella.
Slider Buns – Use any style of slider buns that you like. I used a buttery-style slider bun but white, potato, sweet Hawaiian, or any other type you like will work.
Step By Step Instructions
Note: Full list of ingredients, their amounts, and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the ground beef and diced green pepper until the meat has cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain off excess grease.
While the meat is cooking, whisk together ketchup, water, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper.
Add the sauce to the drained meat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
Place the bottom buns in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the provolone slices. Then, cover with the meat mixture. Top with the remaining cheese slices. Finally, add the top buns.
Brush melted butter over the top of the buns. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns have lightly browned.
Storage & Reheating
Sliders are best eaten right away. Keeping them for too long can result in them getting soggy.
If you’d like to keep leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, either wrap them in foil and bake for 5 to 7 minutes in a 350 degree oven or heat them on a microwave-safe plate in a microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through.
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Please leave a star rating ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and comment below!
Let’s Get Social!
I love seeing your photos! If you make this recipe don’t forget to mention @ThisHomeKitchen and tag #thishomekitchen on Instagram!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Get my newest recipes, kitchen tips and tricks, and the latest news right in your inbox!
Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt fine sea or kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices provolone cheese thin slices
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, plus more for baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté ground beef and green peppers until the meat is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the meat is cooking, whisk together the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the drained meat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for about 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the slices of cheese. Spread the meat mixture over the cheese. Then, top with the rest of the cheese slices and the top buns.
- Spread the melted butter over the top of the buns.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the buns are lightly browned.