These Adobo Chicken Wraps are filled with smoky-sweet chicken, tangy vinegar-soaked cucumbers and red onions, and a creamy herby Avocado Green Goddess Dressing. Add some leafy greens and salty feta and wrap it in warm fluffy naan for the perfect hearty and healthy wrap.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Marinated adobo chicken is smoky, sweet, and just a touch spicy
- Herby creamy avocado green goddess dressing is the perfect saucy addition
- Crisp cucumbers and red onions in apple cider vinegar adds a nice tangy crunch
How To Make Adobo Chicken Wraps with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
Note: Full list of ingredients, their amounts, and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
For the best flavor, I strongly recommend marinating the chicken.
Mix all of the herb, spices, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil to create a paste.
Then, toss the chicken slices in the marinade and store them covered in the fridge for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight.
Toss the sliced cucumbers and red onions with the apple cider vinegar and store in the fridge until ready to use. This can be done the day before too.
Make the avocado green goddess dressing by adding the greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, parsley, chives, garlic, fresh lime juice, and salt to a food processor. Purée until smooth and well combined.
The dressing can also be made in advance and be kept covered in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Once the oven is warmed, begin heating the oil in the pan over medium heat.
Wrap the naans in foil and place them in the preheated oven at the same time you start cooking the chicken. They should heat in the oven the whole time the chicken cooks so that they are warm and pliable.
Add the marinated chicken to the hot oil. Stir and flip the chicken pieces occasionally until it is all cooked through. Overall, the cooking time should be about 8 minutes.
To assemble, take a warm naan and lay down a row of leafy greens. Then, add a layer of cucumbers and red onions. Next, add the chicken. Then, spoon on some of the dressing. Finally, sprinkle on some crumbled feta cheese and wrap it closed.
Tips & Tricks
Marinade the chicken, toss the cucumbers and red onions in the vinegar, and whip up the dressing either the night before or the morning of the day you want to have them.
That will make cooking the chicken and throwing the wraps together a quick task. Great for weeknight dinners!
Storage & Reheating
Store the individual components in separate containers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat the chicken, either microwave covered with a damp towel in 30-second increments or heat on the stove over medium-low heat with a splash of water.
Other Easy Dinner Ideas You’ll Love!
Did You Make This Recipe?
I’d love to hear about it! Please leave a star rating ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and comment below!
Let’s Get Social!
I love seeing your photos! If you make this recipe don’t forget to mention @ThisHomeKitchen and tag #thishomekitchen on Instagram!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Get my newest recipes, kitchen tips and tricks, and the latest news right in your inbox!
Adobo Chicken Wraps with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt preferably whole milk
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pieces naan bread
- 2 cups spring mix or spinach
- feta cheese crumbled
Marinate the Chicken
- Mix all the spices, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil to create a thick paste. Toss the chicken slices in the marinade until well coated. Marinate for at least 4 hours or up to 12 hours in the fridge.
Make the Cucumber Salad
- Mix the cucumbers, red onions, and apple cider vinegar and allow them to marinate in the fridge for as long as you marinate the chicken.
Make the Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- In a food processor, add the greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, parsley, chives, garlic, lime juice, and salt. Purée until smooth and well combined.
Make the Wraps
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Begin heating the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Wrap the pieces of naan in foil and heat in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, add the marinated chicken to the hot oil and cook, tossing occasionally, until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Take a warm piece of naan, lay down a row of spring mix, top with a row of cucumbers and red onions. Then, add the cooked chicken. Spoon on the avocado dressing. And finally, sprinkle on the feta crumbles.