Homemade BBQ Ranch is creamy and flavorful. It makes a great dip for veggies or drizzled over salad. You'll always want to have it on hand!
Whether it's for a party or weeknight dinner, this BBQ ranch is the perfect condiment to have around. It's great as a dip for veggies, as a dressing for salads, or as a sauce on these Crispy Shrimp Tacos or these Panko Crusted Chicken.
Mayo & Sour Cream - The creamy base for the bbq ranch.
BBQ sauce - Your favorite bbq sauce gives the sauce its bbq flavor.
Lemon Juice - A little bit of acid helps to bring out all of the other flavors.
Herbs & Spices - Give the bbq sauce more flavor.
Milk - Thins out the bbq ranch if you want to use it as a salad dressing rather than a dip.
Note: Full list of ingredients, their amounts, and instructions can be found in the recipe card below.
Add the mayo, sour cream, bbq sauce, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
If you want to use it as a dip leave out the milk. But, if you'd like to use it as a salad dressing, add the milk and mix until well combined.
The BBQ Ranch can be served immediately but is best when chilled for 4 hours or overnight.
Substitutions & Variations
- For a thicker tangier sauce, use buttermilk instead of milk.
- You can use fresh herbs instead of dried but the ranch will need to be used up more quickly.
- For a lighter healthier version, use greek yogurt in place of the mayo and sour cream.
Store the bbq ranch in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Hint: mason jars are the perfect container for storage.
More Recipes You'll Love!
BBQ Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa
Did you make this recipe?
I'd love to hear about it! Please leave a star rating ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ and comment below!
Let's Get Social!
I love seeing your photos! If you make this recipe don't forget to mention @ThisHomeKitchen and tag #thishomekitchen on Instagram!
You can also follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Youtube!
Subscribe to My Newsletter!
Get my newest recipes, kitchen tips and tricks, and the latest news right in your inbox!
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup bbq sauce use any you like
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt fine kosher or sea
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons milk optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayo, bbq sauce, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- If you are serving it as a dip, skip the milk. If you are using it as a salad dressing, whisk in 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk until it is the consistency you like.
- Best chilled covered for 4 hours or overnight.
Leave a Reply